Okay, these essentials are probably not what you are thinking. I'm not talking about anything life-changing or momentous. No, I am thinking of . . . saltine crackers, ginger ale, and gatorade! After this last week, I have decided that we should always have those three items in our house. Isaac and I have never been sick at the same time before. Well, now we have! We went down within about an hour of each other early Monday morning. And it was not fun!! (On a side note, I will say that we are thankful that we have two banyos (bathrooms) in our house.) The next 24 hours were rough. For the first 6 or so hours, I didn't want to even
think about food or drink. But you have to eventually start to drink or you begin to dehydrate. Well, the only drinks we had in our house were water, coffee, and crystal light. None of those are very appetizing when you're sick! (I did end up going 4 days without drinking coffee. For those of you who know how much I enjoy coffee, you now that was quite a feat!) When our friend, neighbor, and team-member David got home from school, he walked to the store for us and brought us back the "three essentials". Not to worry though - we are much better now! And as soon as we were able to get out and walk, we headed to the store and stocked up on saltine crackers, ginger ale, and gatorade. Those three items now have a permanent place in our kitchen pantry!
". . . but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." --- 1 John 4:12b
 |
The church that we attended is about a 15-20 minute walk
from our house. At least the rain held off until we were
walking home! |
Sunday With The Team
 |
Peter, Hank, Kristen, Nathan, and Ike waiting for the
service to begin. After the singing was over, all of
the children in the service left the sanctuary and
went to "children's church". |
On Sunday Ike and I were well enough to go to church. Our team went together to a church that Nathan and Kristen have been going to for the last few weeks. The entire service was in Spanish (except for one part where the Pastor welcomed us and encouraged us in our language studies - he had his daughter translate for him). The words for the music were displayed on an overhead so I was able to follow along. It was really exciting to me to not only recognize some of the words that I saw, but to actually know what they meant. I understood a few points from the sermon, but I know that I missed a lot. However, I understood more this time than I did at the first church service I attended
after we arrived! Poca a poca!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment